General summary of responsibilities :
Plan, Schedule and coordinate all production activity planning & control functions, including customer order
processing and related customer service activities for the Nypro Puerto Rico operation. This requires the
use and execution of customer order processing, order promising, master production scheduling, materials
requirement planning, capacity requirement planning and production activity control concepts and
Essential functions and responsibilities :
1. Receives customer order, process in the system and acknowledge delivery dates, reschedules and
cancellations within the company goals. Must comply with and follow the order processing and order
promising procedure. Responsible of the following Nypro Puerto Rico customer service function :
a. Order entry and acknowledgement.
b. Answer order status inquiry.
c. Manage customer request for defer, expedite and cancellations of orders.
d. Process initiation of all customer complaint received in the department.
e. Coordinate customer documentation request.
f. Directs received customer quality complaint communication to the correct Nypro function and
manages inventory replenishment resolution.
g. Manages Non P.O. based demand management from customer process such as Kanban,
S.M.I., V.M.I., Vendor Schedule, etc.
h. Processing of test order entry.
i. Call customer to clarify sales demand levels to stimulate consistent flow and accurate
2. Procure and process orders, executes applicable demand management process.
3. Acknowledge orders and change orders in writing to customers.
4. Ensure that all communications with customer are courteous, cordial and business like.
5. Manage requests for information regarding orders, cancellations, shipping arrangements, current pricing
and order balances in accordance with management guidelines.
6. Coordinates process of customer complaints with appropriate Quality personnel. Resolves PPIC
and order processing related complaints.
7. Prepare and maintain the MPS to make sure that it supports customer demand, customer satisfaction
and at the same time maintain efficient production runs. Must perform adequate rough cut capacity
planning to obtain smooth loading. Provide diligent order promised dates and delivery change
notifications within established procedures. To attain the above, the MPS should be maintained up to
date at all times.
8. Performs material requirement planning to make sure that materials replenishment plans support the
master production schedule and the agreed or budgeted inventory levels. Must make sure that either
adequate manual materials analyses are prepared and followed through or that the MRP program is run
and executed at the agree frequency to avoid stock outs.
9. Prepare material requisitions after performing materials requirements planning and obtain the required
approvals. Prepare and distribute diligently the vendor schedules.
10. Prepare shop orders or weekly schedule to comply with customer order and process the shop orders in
the MPS and MRPII System. Must make sure that shop orders are released, expedited, deferred,
completed or cancelled on time to support the Master Production Plan.
11. Maintain supervisor informed about any current or potential situation that could affect meeting the
12. Responsible for utilizing capacity planning techniques that will help to execute capacity plans (shut
down, Hiring, Firing, equipment acquisitions, etc.). Required to support the production plan. The use on
input output control technique should be used for daily capacity control.
13. Coordinate with tool room and manufacturing personnel the tooling availability at shop order released
time and plan future tooling availability using the tooling capacity planning report.
14. Plan the release of shop orders for low level component items such as mixes. Coordinate the
distribution of the material related to the shop orders on a timely manner.
15. Responsible for maintaining inventory levels within budgeted parameters and materials planning
16. Perform expediting and coordination of shop orders to make sure that they are finished on time. Meet
with the Manufacturing manager to discuss any problem affecting compliance with due dates such as
capacity or material issues and recommend solutions.
17. Responsible for item, item mold cross-reference, BOM, MPS, Routings, Facility Planning Data
Maintenance, Customer Item X-Reference, Work Center, Machine, Calendar and Department Master
files data accuracy. Active support of the BOM & routing accuracy by preparing PSCR when deviations
or discrepancies are identified. Responsible to do BOM & Routing maintenance if assigned by the
18. Responsible to provide weekly data and graph such as : On time delivery, (promised and required),
causes for non-compliance, MPS performance, compliance with shop order due date and machine
19. Responsible for resolving off-loading situations with affected Manufacturing Managers to support
customer satisfaction and plant efficiency.
20. Maintain effective demand management process.
21. Support all safety policies and procedures.
22. Might be required to visit customers and participate in Customer Improvement Teams.
23. Support applicable ISO standards and participate in related audits and customer audits.
24. Must be available to work on other duties related to Supply Chain as assigned by the Department
Education and Experience :
3 to 5 years of experience as production planner in a Manufacturing Environment.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience.
Fully Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Experience in ERP concepts and application. Knowledge of APICS Inventory Management, Customer
Service, Order Processing, Production Activity Control, MRP, MPS and Capacity Management required.
Formal training in GMP, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, ERP, Safety and Quality.
Knowledge and Skills :
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Computer literate Knowledge of general molding manufacturing process
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point software
Ability to influence people, peers and subordinates
Team work skills
Planning, controlling and organizing techniques
Sense of urgency.
Negotiation skills. Ability to break barriers to obtain objectives
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.