Job Description : Position Summary :
Position Summary :
The Site Procurement Specialist is responsible for coordinating all activities related to the procurement of direct materials, not including the actual planning and purchasing activities.
Responsible for the planning and purchasing activities of non-direct materials. Accountable for the successful completion of projects, costs target attainments, and main contact for the procurement organization.
Duties and responsibilities :
Maintains documentation required to demonstrate compliance on supplier’s management.
2. Demonstrates compliance in relation to procurement processes to internal and external requirements for audits and reviews.
3. Performs any internal needed management of suppliers.
4. Performs and analyzes local management reporting and work on developing tools for continuous improvement on procurement processes.
5. Translate sourcing guidance to line item standards for budgeting.
6. Represents procurement function for the site on product development or improvement initiatives.
7. Participate in the decision making process of cost reduction projects, identify cost reduction opportunities.
8. Coordinate phase in - phase out of materials (definition of ECO and inventory strategies).
9. Develop safety stock strategies and coordinate with Planner / Buyer to ensure attainment.
10. Update required planning parameters in SAP system when necessary as a result of a project or new product introduction.
11. Updates ASL and manages appropriate compliance activity as new suppliers are introduced.
12. Site main contact with procurement organization, especially with shared service center.
13. Plan indirect materials and convert results into requisitions and expedite with shared service center as needed.
14. Performs as SAP / Everest Super User.
15. Inbound traffic coordinator and main contact for transportation internal group and suppliers.
16. Actively work on all Site Lean initiatives related to the procurement area.
17. Ensure compliance with ISO 13485-2003 standards, QSR and regulatory compliance.
Education and experience :