TITULO PRINCIPAL DEL PUESTO (MASTER JOB TITLE) : LEAD OPERATORTITULO FUNCIONAL DEL PUESTO (FUNTIONAL JOB TITLE) : LEAD OPERATOR GAMMALOCALIDAD (LOCATION) : AIBONITODIVISION : HOSPITAL PRODUCTSSE REPORTA A (REPORT TO) : STERILIZATION SUPERVISORFECHA DE EFECTIVIDAD (EFFECTIVITY DATE) : MAY 2017 RESUMEN GENERAL(SUMMARY) : Assist Sterilization Supervisor in managing the Gamma Sterilization Operations to assure a high quality and reliable process, within the lowest possible cost and in adherence to production needs.
TAREAS Y RESPONSABILIDADES (DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES) : 1. Responsible for the coordination of the operation of the Gamma Irradiator for sterilization of Medical Devices.
2. Coordination and leading of Sterilization Operators, maintaining a motivated and focused group of associates. 3. Ensure proper utilization of equipment and facilities assigned to the Gamma Sterilization Operation.
4. Coordinate the Baxter Aibonito non-sterile finished product flow to the Gamma Sterilization Area. 5. Coordinate the receipt of product from other Baxter Facilities and Sterilization Services Customers to be sterilized by Gamma Irradiation in Aibonito.
6. Follow the established sterilization schedule and generate the Sterilization runs for non-sterile product processing.
7. Calculate the sterilization dwell time for non-sterile product and complete the associated logs and forms. 8. Processing and documentation of irradiation dosimeter results for each sterilization run.
9. Be able to troubleshoot irradiator systems and properly document planned and unplanned downtime of the irradiator. 10.
Process dose audits, dose studies, and prepare pre-qualifications for new products. 11. Manually and / or electronically document the required information to comply with the applicable procedures and / or specifications related to the Gamma Sterilization Operation.
Information includes, but is not limited to, process parameters, lots, and product quantity.12. Be able to perform and / or assist on the scheduled safety checks and maintenance of the irradiator.
13. Follow US Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulation (US NRC) and support an ALARA (As Low As Reasonable Achievable) operation.
14. Report any events or incident related to the Irradiator operation to the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO). 15. Observe Company and Regulatory EHS requirements.
DEMANDA FISICA (PHYSICAL DEMANDS) : Medium Work : Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and / or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and / or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical demands requirements are in excess of those for Light Work. EDUCACIÓN Y / O EXPERIENCIA (EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE) : -
Bachelor Degree, Science / Technical related preferred, with 0 - 2 years of experience in a related area preferred, experience in a Sterilization Operation (desirable), or -
Associate Degree, Science / Technical related preferred, or Technical Degree with 2 - 5 years of experience in a related area, Sterilization Operation (desirable) CUALIFICACIONES (QUALIFICATIONS) : Candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator who can successfully interact and coordinate activities across departmental boundaries.
Able to do perform mathematical calculations associated with technical analysis and problem solving. Technically oriented with ability to analyze problems and suggest solutions.
Must have mechanical and troubleshooting abilities. Proficient with computer systems. Knowledge in NRC regulations. This position requires employee background check including criminal, educational, and employment, among others according to NRC Regulations on Title 10 Code of Federal Regulations Part 37 (10 CFR 37).
IDIOMA (LANGUAGE) : Spanish with oral and written proficiency in English, Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred. DECLARACION DE NEGACION (DISCLAIMER STATEMENT) Las declaraciones mencionadas anteriormente describen la naturaleza general y el nivel de trabajo que se les requiere a los empleados a quienes se les asigna esta clasificación.
No pretende constituir una lista exhaustiva de las responsabilidades, tareas y destrezas requeridas para el personal así clasificado.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability / handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-
mail to and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.