Merchandising Execution Managers (MEMs) lead and oversee a traveling team which executes a large scope of merchandising projects and resets per store for a group of stores within an assigned district, which are usually completed overnight.
MEMs manage the work of hourly associates that typically work overnight, and serve as the key point of contact for third party labor teams.
MEMs manage key team metrics including safety, quality and productivity.
MEMs are responsible for staffing, training and discipline of supervisors and associates, and execute district wide projects and initiatives as directed by the DEM.
MEMs coach and train MET Supervisors and associates. This team enhances the customer environment by ensuring merchandising project and reset strategies and programs are executed successfully, as directed by the District Execution Manager (DEM) and Merchandising Services organization.
MEM will conduct routine quality walks and generate reports to drive execution of written and established Merchandising Standards.
The MEM must also remain focused on Regional specific business objectives as outlined by the Merchandising Execution Regional Manager (MERM) and DEM.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30% - Manage projects, refreshes, and resets
30% - Responsible for all HR transactions and tasks related to hourly associates
20% -Interface with DEM,MET Sups, support staff, 3rd Parties and Store Leadership
20% -Provides input on planned sets as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to District Execution Manager
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS : MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Education Required :
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and / or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience : 4 years
Physical Requirements :
Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting / handling / carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Additional Qualifications :
Must have a valid state driver s license and proof of insurance
Must have reliable transportation
Requires daily non-overnight travel up to 100% of the time.
Preferred Qualifications :
1. Experience working in retail merchandising service industry or working directly for large scale retailer with multi-location responsibility.
2. Computer skills retrieve, manipulate, analyze, and interpret data using web based programs and handheld devices.
3. Reset Project Execution Background
4. 4 years of supervisory / management experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies : 1. Planning and Organizing / Problem Solving : Obtains and manages resources so that work goals are accomplished on time and within budget.
Analyzes information to generate solutions and make informed decisions. Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems in stores / districts.
Follows-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable.
2. Delegation : Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks.
3. Communicates Effectively : Creates open channels of communication. Keeps others well informed. Listens carefully to input and feedback.
Expresses ideas clearly and concisely.
4. Conflict Management : Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities and can hammer out tough agreements.
5. Gets Things Done : Creates a sense of urgency. Drives results despite large workload competing demands and fast-paced environments. Delegates appropriately.
6. Motivating Others : Can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or project members.
7. Building Effective Teams : Creates a feeling of belonging in the team by fostering open dialogue.
Shares wins and successes and creates strong morale and spirit in his / her team. Settle disputes equitably. Reads situations quickly and can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.